Associate Director/Director Strategy and Operations
JOB TITLE: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR/DIRECTOR, STRATEGY & OPERATIONS
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading audio streaming service to access, discover, and listen to favorite songs & Podcasts across languages and genres. We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experience. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr etc.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
The Strategy & Operations team in JioSaavn works cross-functionally across the organization to formulate and operationalise overall strategy. We are looking to recruit a senior resource who possesses the ability to distill a bird’s eye view of the overall strategy to an ant’s eye view across functional teams strategy.
We highly value candidates who are humble & grounded and come with a “can do, will do attitude”. The role is highly visible across the company and in particular to the senior leadership of JioSaavn. This position will be based out of our Mumbai office.
- Maintaining detailed project-related data dashboards and extracting key insights to help guide decision-making among cross-department teams
- Presenting data-driven, insightful, and compelling recommendations on high priority strategic and operational initiatives
- Financial modelling and preparation of bottoms-up business plan
- Support strategy development using quantitative and qualitative analysis, macro and internal data research
- Developing and tracking project-specific KPIs for cross-departmental working groups
- Staying up-to-speed on industry best practices as it pertains to the music streaming sector
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Engineering or related field
- 8-10 years of post-MBA work experience in a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, PE/VC fund or similar relevant experience at a digital tech startup
- Exceptional project management and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in conducting and presenting quantitative and qualitative analyses and insights with simplicity, clarity, and confidence to various stakeholders including senior/executive management
- Exceptional proficiency in data analysis and financial modelling (SQL proficiency a plus)
- Ability to work collaboratively and build effective relationships across teams to solve and operationalize complex business problems
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” attitude and willingness to perform tasks with a range of difficulty from routine tasks to preparing analysis for senior management
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously to make a difference in the way the world experiences music