Manager – Revenue, Accounts Receivable & Operations
- Mumbai, India
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: MANAGER – REVENUE, ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & OPERATIONS
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 300 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favourite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
- Functional lead in Revenue and Accounts receivable management
- Actively working with business and ensuring seamless management of functions
- Support the company in optimizing financial transactions and systems by performing reconciliation of payments and customer accounts
- Communicate discrepancies to the management team, identify slow-paying customers, and recommend collection candidates
- Strengthen and grow relationships with clients by communicating with customers regarding past-due accounts
- Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts receivable process identifying areas of performance improvement
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting, and comply with local financial requirements
Accounts Receivable & Collections
- Preparing outstanding statement & ageing report
- Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared
- Following-up with customer for payments
- Preparing KPI data for Revenue and Accounts receivable as per management requirement
Invoicing, Reporting & MIS for company's revenue streams
- Ensuring invoices preparation along with proper documentation in co-ordination with the Business team for multiple streams of revenue i.e. Ad, Subscription, Network, etc
- Ensuring timely invoices is sent to the customer and resolving queries
- Recording Sales Invoices in accounts
- Recording collection entries in accounts
- Revenue reporting to management as per the requirement
- Continuous discussion with business operation team
- Providing required revenue data to business team based on company requirement
Working with Brand Solutions & Business Development Teams
- Preparing Volume discount working
- Sharing Consumption & receipts data for incentives calculation
- Helping AM with Vendor & Customer Registration Form
- Sharing of Revenue and Billing data with internal team
Supporting Finance & Accounts teams
- Leading Revenue and AR function
- Leading a SOP and automation drive
- Assisting Finance & Accounts team in group reporting and compliance
- Active business partnering with business team and ensuring problem-solving
- Audit Support (Internal Audit, Statutory Audit)
- Working as one team
- B.com or other Finance Domain
- 5 to 8 years of Revenue & Collections AR experience
- Understanding basic principles of finance, accounting, and bookkeeping
- Superb time management and detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Google drive
- Ability to keep company and partner confidences
- Proficient at Tally, Quickbooks, Salesforce etc.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings