Senior Product Manager - Payments
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Senior Product Manager - Payments
LOCATION: Mumbai / Bengaluru
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
JioSaavn is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our core product team. You’ll work closely with other product managers, engineers, and data teams to build and improve engagement initiatives for JioSaavn. Your job will largely revolve around core engagement strategies like content personalization, recommendation systems, etc and to help our data teams deliver the best content to each and every user. You must have a basic understanding of both music and data, strong experience working with data frameworks, and know-how to push the envelope of what is possible. You will help define and facilitate experiments and features, large and small, to drive engagement and retention the right way – delivering a personal, delightful experience to our listeners.
- Own the roadmap for “Pro pod”, pertaining to projects specific to paid products of JioSaavn
- Initiate projects that help increase paid subscriptions for JioSaavn
- Work closely with consumer pay teams, engineers & designers to build best in class subscription products
- Work with a lot of 3rd party vendors to improve and update JioSaavn’s payment infrastructure
- Translate ideas and goals into implementable products and solutions
- Define and facilitate experiments to maximize subscription earnings
- Question everything and never settle
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science from a Tier 1 college.
- 4+ years of overall experience, at least 1 year in product management
- Background of working with fintech products is a plus
- Prior experience of working with monetization products
- Experience defining, implementing and analyzing effective product experiments.
- A basic understanding of SQL/No SQL queries
- Well-versed with payment partners like JusPay, Paytm, banking solutions, etc
- Well-versed in analytics tools, including GA, Omniture, and similar.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Extremely well-organized, with great attention to detail.
- Strong experience and understanding of agile methodologies, with proficiency in JIRA, Crashlytics, and Firebase.
Bonus: Ideally, you’ll also excel at least a few of the following
- Data science and complex querying.
- User research and analysis.
- Native mobile client development.
- Front- or back-end development.
- Infrastructure setup and maintenance
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings