Associate - Copywriter
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Associate - Copywriter
LOCATION: Mumbai, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favourite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
The Copy team is a part of the Creative team. The Creative team is responsible for making sure our users
receive crisp, engaging, and entertaining communications. Whether we’re serving the sassiest audio ads, or
we’re sending you a lit email communication, a lot of thought and effort goes into each step of the way. Our
job is to blur the lines between marketing/advertising, and quality content.
- To serve as an in-house copy agency to internal clients
- To deliver strong, and succinct copy that is grammatically correct
- Be able to match, and maintain JioSaavn’s unique brand voice
- Must be able to write under pressure of deadlines, and meet even the most unrealistic ones to the best of your ability
- Will sometimes have to work on sales Copy and pitches, and therefore, must be comfortable with receiving, and implementing feedback (both from internal parties and external ones)
- Pop culture knowledge, and a fondness for music will come in handy
- Bachelors’ in Mass Media, Management Studies, Crafting Creative Communications, or a short-course related to copywriting. People with great copywriting chops are also welcome
- 1 to 3 years of Copywriting experience
- A strong grasp of English and Hindi
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Being organized with an eye for detail is a plus
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and in a team environment
- Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
Flexible vacation policies
Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
JioSaavn-sponsored team outings