Senior Product Owner & Scrum Master
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Senior Product Owner & Scrum Master
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
JioSaavn is seeking a Senior Product Owner and Scrum Master to join our core Product team. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, and data teams across all different development pods and areas of the business to help manage roadmaps and backlogs, communicate interdependencies, organize sprints and JIRA boards, and oversee projects to ensure they are completed efficiently. You will coordinate with leads across product, business, and engineering to help teams stay focused, clear roadblocks, and achieve their goals.
- Operate as the scrum master for core product sprints, managing roadmaps, backlogs, project status, and JIRA boards
- Provide vision and optimize agile principles with the development team and all stakeholders throughout projects, clearing roadblocks and facilitating communication
- Ensure teams always have a well-managed and organized backlog, capturing inputs, and understanding prioritization
- Assess value, develop use cases and user stories, and translate them into JIRA epics and themes to ensure work is focused on tasks with maximum value
- Work closely with product leads to create and maintain their product backlogs according to business value, resources, and ROI
- Lead planning and product release plans for major projects and set expectations for delivery of new functionality
- Research and analyze the market, user base, and recommend potential new areas of focus for future product roadmap
- Closely follow competitors and the industry, maintaining analysis of potential gaps
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science from a Tier 1 college.
- 5 yrs of overall experience, 3 yrs+ as Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles, and strong hands-on experience running multiple JIRA projects
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
Bonus: Ideally, you’ll also excel at least a few of the following
- Be extremely process driven
- User research and analysis.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Excellent analytical skills
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings