Director of Product
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR, PRODUCT
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading audio streaming service to access, discover, and listen to favourite songs & Podcasts across languages and genres. We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experience. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr etc.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
JioSaavn is seeking a seasoned product leader to join our core Product team in Mumbai, India. You’ll report directly to the Chief Product Officer and work closely with other product managers, engineers, and data teams to build and improve engagement and revenue initiatives for JioSaavn. Your job will largely revolve around creating premium experiences for paid subscribers of JioSaavn with a view to attract free, ad-supported users towards our subscription plans. You must have a keen understanding of consumer internet, including media and entertainment, knowledge about basic data frameworks, a strong experience in subscription engines and know-how to push the envelope of what is possible. You will help define and facilitate experiments and features, large and small, to drive engagement and retention the right way – delivering a personal, delightful experience to our listeners.
You’ll also need to work with the business and marketing teams to understand their wants and needs. You should continuously and obsessively champion good user experience, design, performance, and efficiency. You should eat data for breakfast, be the voice of users and teams who aren’t in the room, keep digging past the surface until you understand the real problem, and have a smart, delightful solution.
This is not a role for someone expecting to just direct and wait for results — you need to be an accomplished product manager, able to execute projects on your own, as part of a group (both from ahead and behind), and help mentor and grow a team.
- Own the roadmap for Subscription Revenue, pertaining to projects specific to paid products of JioSaavn
- Work closely with business teams, engineers & designers to build best in class subscription products
- Work with multiple 3rd party payment service providers to improve and update JioSaavn’s payment infrastructure
- Define the customer lifecycle from pack purchase to renewal to expiry with an objective of maximizing retention
- Translate ideas and goals into implementable products and solutions
- Define and facilitate experiments to maximize subscription earnings
- Lead, inspire, grow, and learn from a team of passionate PMs, making yourself and everyone around you better
- Help lead the product team’s organization and process to continuously become more efficient, transparent, and predictable
- Question everything and never settle
- Lead projects from early analysis and problem statement, through concept and launch, post-launch analysis, iteration and improvement, and communication of results. Lather, rinse, and repeat
- 7-10 years of product experience, with a track-record of building and shipping beloved consumer products
- At least 2-3 years of experience leading a group of product managers
- Background of working with fintech products is a plus
- Prior experience of working with monetization products
- Experience defining, implementing and analyzing effective product experiments.
- A basic understanding of SQL/No SQL queries
- Well-versed with payment partners like JusPay, Paytm, banking solutions, etc
- Well-versed in analytics tools, including GA, Omniture, and similar
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Extremely well-organized, with great attention to detail
- Strong experience and understanding of agile methodologies, with proficiency in JIRA, Crashlytics, and Firebase
- Ability to influence decision-making the right way, with compassion, context, and transparency
- A bias towards great and simple design, blazing fast performance, and clean execution
Bonus: Ideally, you’ll also excel at least a few of the following
- Data science and complex querying.
- User research and analysis.
- Native mobile client development.
- Front- or back-end development.
- Infrastructure setup and maintenance
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously to make a difference in the way the world experiences music.