Senior Associate – Music Research
JOB TITLE: ASSOCIATE LYRICS & ANNOTATIONS
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 300 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
JioSaavn is looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated music experts who can use their expertise to add rich meta tags to music on its platform. A successful candidate will be someone who consumes a lot of music and has a keen interest in its various aspects such as the artists, genres, eras, moods, instrumentation and so on. So if you think you are obsessed with music, can work as part of a team, and are eager to learn about music you know nothing about, you could very well be one of our Music Researchers. We are looking at candidates for the following languages:
- Add rich meta tags to songs within the catalogue of the assigned language.
- Ensure that the quality of tags added to songs is top notch.
- Curate content for tag powered properties such as radio and hybrid playlists.
- Track and review the performance of tag powered properties.
- Contribute to team and organizational projects that are identified periodically.
- Deep interest and knowledge of domestic and international music and films.
- Musical knowledge in more than one language would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of multiple Genres, Moods, Instrumentation and Categories of Music is a must.
- Familiarity with the digital music space.
- Strong Internet research skills.
- Bachelor's degree in any stream.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent listening skills, inquisitive, positive, team-oriented, enthusiastic approach.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects in an organized manner.
- You should know a lot (really a lot) about music..!
- Overall a great personality
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks