Engineering Manager - Frontend
JOB TITLE: ENGINEERING MANAGER -FRONTEND
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading audio streaming service to access, discover, and listen to favourite songs & Podcasts across languages and genres. We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experience. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr etc.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and other functional teams to iterate and enhance our product offerings.
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement software systems with an eye towards robust, extensible architecture.
- Be an integral part of the development team, participating in solution design/review and code reviews.
- Gatekeeper for quality and reliability.
- Lead technical discussions and plans to improve our overall software quality.
- Estimate project work effort and delivery, and create project roadmaps.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, and make final decisions when necessary.
- Discern engineering metrics and seek to improve them, setting a high benchmark of excellence for teammates.
- An ideal Technical Lead would have 7-10 years of experience in building highly scalable UI on the Web/Mobile Product
- In depth experience with advanced front-end frameworks (E.g. React.JS, Redux, TypeScript) and expert comprehension of core web and browser concepts- Advanced knowledge of build systems such as Webpack, rollup etc, including Linting, Minifying, code splitting etc
- 2 years or more experience in a leadership role with current technical experience
- Collaborate effectively with others and achieve consensus amongst stakeholders with a strong sense of ownership
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously to make a difference in the way the world experiences music.