JOB TITLE: ASSOCIATE MANAGER – FINANCE
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
Saavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service with over 22 million active million users. We are 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between Jio Music and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - Saavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At Saavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: building a mobile entertainment ecosystem and the best possible music experience for millions of people. From in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel, Saavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose Saavn, you join a diverse world of high-caliber techies, artists and inventors, hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are amongst the few digital companies that provide tremendous opportunities for high-tech work in Mumbai, that one would have to otherwise seek in Silicon Valley. Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual on our global team to be a catalyst for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn, and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
We're looking for an Associate Manager – Finance to be a key member of our growing Finance team. This role would report to the VP - Finance and will work closely with the internal and external customers to achieve the compliance, business and financial goals of the organization. GST will be one of the main KRA’s of this role and the overall responsibility for GST will remain with this person.
- Preparation and Review of Schedule VI accounts per Indian Companies Act/INDAS
- Responsible for providing data, information, reports and inputs for statutory / internal/ group audits from a IFRS / IND-AS / IFC perspective
- Maintaining and analyzing revenues, expenses and compensation to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis, Facilitating and completing monthly accounting procedures, Review of Monthly Accounts in Tally / ERP Accounting package. Ensuring all Groups / Branches in Tally are GST compliant and proper accounting entries are passed for the same
- Ensuring books are closed by WD+3 with all accounting and other entries passed based on receipt of supporting and inputs from the various business teams and the proper reporting formats for Management, Investors and other stakeholders are adhered to.
- Automation of key processes, controls by undertaking projects to streamline business operations (specially keeping GST in mind)
- Debtor management, follow up of receivables, monitoring ageing of dues, cut offs etc. Ensuring all paperwork required under GST is obtained and all customer related compliances are undertaken on a timely and accurate basis.
- Creditors Management – ensuring timely payment of vendors, cash flow management, invoice verification, resolving queries etc. Ensuring all GST related entries in Tally are made by the team based on HSN and other GST requirements and ensuring all invoices received for entry from Business teams are GST compliant.
- Assisting in creation of quarterly forecasts and annual financial plans, including reporting & analysis to explain changes against given baselines
- Providing inputs based on experience and understanding of the Tax and Corporate laws and the issues to support Manager in selection of best course of action for the Company
- Coordinating with the Global teams for Consolidation of Global subsidiaries, data, MIS by the closing timelines
- Preparation of basic accounts for Offshore entities and coordination with Management Companies for data and information from time to time (as applicable)
- B.Com with 6-8 years experience in services company (MNC/large private/public Limited Company). Candidates undergoing MBA and C.A will be preferred
- Candidates with prior experience from internet/online industry would be preferred (nice to have)
- Well versed with knowledge of GST Act, Rules, Forms, Procedures, detailed theoretical of the Act and Rules and procedural aspects will be an advantage
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Detailed knowledge of Indian GAAP/IND AS/US GAAP/IFRS/ IFC (must have)
- Detailed knowledge of all Indian Direct and Indirect Tax laws, Companies Act, ROC Matters, basic knowledge of FEMA/FDI (must have)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a internal and external customer focus
- Ability and willingness for hands on working for Tally/ERP (must have)
- Strong Spreadsheet/Excel skills (macros etc) (must have)
- A strong working knowledge of technical accounting and business matters;
- polished communication skills - including an ability to listen to the needs of the business units, comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, research complex matters, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations
- The candidate should be in touch with the latest developments on Taxation and Accounting matters in India and worldwide (by reference to websites, journals, publications etc) and should be able to communicate the recent changes to the Management.
- Under IFC, knowledge of documentation and understanding internal checks and controls and processes, identifying weaknesses and suggesting & implementing procedures for the same. Conducting routine and extensive testing of controls to identify gaps and make changes where needed.
- Excellent communication skills with capability to highlight critical issues with impact and provide solutions within and outside the Finance team
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills and abilities
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At Saavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- Saavn-sponsored team outings