Sr. Data Analyst - Business Insights
- Mumbai, India
- Full Time
- Business Insights
JOB TITLE: SR. DATA ANALYST - BUSINESS INSIGHTS
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 300 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
JioSaavn is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst to join our growing global team of entrepreneurs. This role will be an integral part of the Business Insights team and will serve as the expert from an analytics perspective for a specific domain area. The Business Insights team is responsible for providing data driven insights and analytics support to all departments across the company including, Product, Marketing, Editorial, Podcasts, Strategy & Ops, and Senior Leadership.
- Partner with stakeholders across departments as the analytics expert for that domain area
- Proactively identify ways in which complex and often ambiguous business problems can be solved systematically with the help of data
- Run complex queries in SQL and manipulate data using Numpy/ Pandas to support ongoing project needs
- Create and regularly update data dashboards in Tableau and Google Sheets that identify relevant metrics and monitor associated performance and key trends
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to design and evaluate performance of ongoing experiments
- Identify pain points that would be best addressed through predictive analytics and build relevant models that are functional and support decision making
- Provide expertise on new metrics and analysis techniques that push the envelope on current understanding of our users, content, and product offerings
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and automate repetitive tasks where possible and relevant
- Create presentations that effectively communicate key insights from rigorous data analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across departments and proactively anticipate areas that may require analytics support
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or other related quantitative fields
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role working with large and complex data sets to provide insights
- 3+ years of experience working at an advanced SQL level to query, manipulate, and generate data sets
- 3+ years of experience manipulating data in Numpy/Pandas and other data centric ibraries in Python (or similar experience in R)
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Python libraries such as Matplotlib
- Knowledgeable on best practices in experiment design and evaluation
- Experience building predictive models to solve business problems
- Experience with writing scripts to automate reporting and other repetitive tasks
- Advanced Excel (or Google Sheets) and Powerpoint (or Keynote) user
- Passion and deep understanding for the technology, media, and entertainment space
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (weekends off)
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn -sponsored team outings