Associate Manager - Telugu Programming
- Mumbai, India
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: ASSOCIATE MANAGER - TELUGU PROGRAMMING
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 300 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favourite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
JioSaavn is seeking a highly motivated Associate Manager to join our dynamic Programming team. You will work closely with the Programming Head and provide support on content programming and curation. You will be responsible for identifying and curating excellent music listening and programming experiences for a wide array of moods and genres. In this role, you will also get the opportunity to demonstrate a keen understanding of performance-oriented analytics and have your finger on the music pulse.
- Assist in managing the daily Telugu programming and curation strategy. Working knowledge of Kannada + Malayalam is a big plus.
- Work with Global Programming Teams as well as other cross-functional teams to achieve various organizational objectives
- Act as a liaison between various departments to ensure the on-time and orderly flow of work
- Curate and maintain a substantial number of varied playlists based on different Moods, Genres, and Activities.
- Think of creative ideas & concepts for Festivals, events & Trending Topics
- Stay on top of new music releases
- Help find ways to organize, facilitate, and improve general programming processes
- Create and update departmental calendar and project status.
- Keep the entire team informed on the current status of all jobs in progress via status meetings
- Keep abreast of all work in the Programming Department and follow up on due dates that were established for copy, artwork, playlists, and other deliverables
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in the music industry, ideally programming for music services, working with a broad range of music content
- Passionate about music and have deep knowledge of music culture (Telugu).
- Highly organized, creative self-starter with experience working on multiple projects at the same time
- Care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Out-of-the-box thinking and ideas that can significantly contribute to JioSaavn’s success.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
Flexible vacation policies
Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
JioSaavn-sponsored team outings