JOB TITLE: SENIOR MANAGER/ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – REPORTING AND CONSOLIDATION
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
Saavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service with over 22 million active million users. We are 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between Jio Music and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - Saavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At Saavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
Saavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose Saavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. Saavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
We're looking for an Senior Manager /Associate Director – Reporting and Consolidation to be a key member of our growing Finance team. This role would report to the VP - Finance and will work closely with the internal and external customers to achieve the compliance, business and financial goals of the organization. This person should have very good working experience in Tally, Excel, USGAAP, IND-AS
- Ability to work hands-on USGAAP, IGAAP, IND-AS reporting and consolidation of Indian and US subsidiaries
- Identifying GAAP differences and Group accounting policies and application of INDAS to the same.
- Leading the Monthly, Quarterly, Half yearly and yearly Financial reporting for both standalone & consolidated reporting as per IGAAP and IND-AS which will include US and India entities in line with Group policy and formats
- Working on accounting policies and disclosures as per IND-AS
- Working on tax and related disclosures as per IND-AS
- Ensuring all monthly close activities are completed by WD+3 for all India and US entities as per requirement and formats as mandated by Management, Investors and relevant stakeholders
- Working closely with the US Controller and Accounting team to ensure all reporting/MIS and closing is happening in a timely and accurate manner. You will also need to ensure that the US Teams are aligned to the differences in US GAAP and INDAS and ensure that all accounting activities and business operations in the US as well are captured accurately from an INDAS perspective in the India consolidated financials.
- Engage with cross functional teams to provide comprehensive analysis and comment on variances and trends in relation to monthly reporting and budgets/forecasts
- Proactively being connected with the recent developments in INDAS/IFRS/US GAAP and undertaking impact assessment of any change in law, rules via notifications and circulars and disseminating the knowledge down to the Finance and Accounting team
- Cash flow management - ensuring a healthy working capital cycle is maintained by working closely with Vendors and Customers and the Business team, managing cash targets set by the Company, ensuring proper reporting is maintained for cash balances to relevant stakeholders and ensuring regular updates on balances are sent as and when required to the concerned teams.
- Any other responsibilities in relation to INDAS/IFRS/USGAAP as communicated by the Manager from time to time
- Work closely with Group Tax Advisors, consultants as and when required for ensuring proper implementation of INDAS/USGAAP/IFRS and relevant accounting standards to the business and operations.
- Chartered Accountant (preferably from Big 4) or MBA/Finance with 5-9 years post qualification experience in services company (MNC/large private/public Limited Company)
- Candidates with prior experience from internet/online industry would be preferred (nice to have)
- Hands on experience in Consolidation of Indian and US subsidiaries as per provisions of INDAS is a must.
- Expert knowledge of Tally and SAP (including BW/BI) is a must have
- Well versed with knowledge of GST Act, Rules, Forms, Procedures, detailed theoretical of the Act and Rules and procedural aspects will be an advantage
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Detailed knowledge of Indian GAAP/IND-AS/US GAAP/IFRS/ IFC (must have)
- Detailed knowledge of all Indian Direct and Indirect Tax laws, Companies Act, ROC Matters, basic knowledge of FEMA/FDI (must have)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a internal and external customer focus
- Ability and willingness for hands on working for Tally/ERP (must have)
- Strong Spreadsheet/Excel skills (macros etc) (must have)
- A strong working knowledge of technical accounting and business matters;
- polished communication skills - including an ability to listen to the needs of the business units, comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, research complex matters, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations
- The candidate should be in touch with the latest developments on Taxation and Accounting matters in India and worldwide (by reference to websites, journals, publications etc) and should be able to communicate the recent changes to the Management. GST implementation and compliance will be the responsibility of this person.
- Under IFC, knowledge of documentation and understanding internal checks and controls and processes, identifying weaknesses and suggesting & implementing procedures for the same. Conducting routine and extensive testing of controls to identify gaps and make changes where needed.
- Excellent communication skills with capability to highlight critical issues with impact and provide solutions within and outside the Finance team
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills and abilities
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At Saavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- Saavn-sponsored team outings