Senior Product Designer
JOB TITLE: SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 300 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favourite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
JioSaavn is looking for an experienced and talented designer to join our Design team in Mumbai, India. You’ll report directly to the VP of Design, helping to drive design and product needs across our platforms and products, (as well as front-end development if that’s your thing). You’ll work on both new and existing products for mobile and web — products which are already seen and used by tens of millions (yes, really!).
As an integral part of the design team, you’ll collaborate with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle. We’re looking for someone who has a great eye, a passion for deceivingly simple design, and who loves to build and iterate. Simply put, if you’re a thinker and a doer, and love bringing projects flawlessly from concept through completion at a world-class level, this is the role for you.
- Design the user experience and interactions for both new and existing features and projects, across our suite of products
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Work and lead team of designers in implementing projects large and small, often in parallel with other development
- Create beautiful, simple, and delightful interfaces that people love to use
- Have an opinion, produce consistently great work, and champion simplicity
- Communicate ideas and requirements effectively across teams, driving concepts and mentoring others to help deliver their best work
- Help shepherd the design process through various requests and iterations
- Immerse yourself in company goals and business needs, and effectively translate the needs to functional plans for the team
- Stay up to date with the latest product developments and trends, and innovate your own
- Multiple years (at least 8-10+) of professional experience, working on and shipping consumer products and a beautiful portfolio that proves it.
- Have experience in cross platform design
- Experience of managing multiple products portfolio
- Expert knowledge of all the usual tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, pen and paper).
- Strong experience designing for mobile (iOS, Android, and mobile web) and pitfalls of mobile-first, desktop-first, and responsiveness.
- A deep understanding of user experience.
- An obsession with user experience, pixel perfect designs, and beautiful type.
- Experience, and comfort, working with developers to implement your work.
Ideally, you’ll also excel at least a few of the following:
- Strong experience with front-end development (at least HTML5, CSS3, JS, and browser compliance).
- Strong iOS (Objective-C, Swift) or Android (Java, XML) native development skills.
- Strong experience building and shipping production-level consumer media products.
- Hand-sketching and illustration.
- Advanced animation.
- Video and/or audio editing.
- Ability to balance multiple, often vastly different, products.
- Conceptualizing multiple solutions to a problem.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings