DevOps Lead Engineer
JOB TITLE: DevOps Lead Engineer
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 300 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favourite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Devops Lead Engineer to ensure JioSaavn is fast, reliable, and
available for tens of millions of users. You will work in a closely-knit team to
proactively monitor, automate and improve end-to-end system performance, identify
bottlenecks, and potential failures. You will report to the Manager in the engineering
● Managing and training 2-3 members of team.
● Managing production systems, devops tools, supporting internal engineering
● Managing infrastructure and its costs on Azure Clouds.
● Build tools to reduce occurrences of error and improve ecosystem health.
● Ensure our platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency,
scalability, and performance.
● Diagnose and resolve latent and systemic reliability issues across stack:
application and network.
● Participate in production issue escalations.
● Proactively monitor and improve end-to-end system performance, identify
bottlenecks, and potential failures.
● Develop and maintain scalable alerting tools for debugging and monitoring.
● Automate and own all production infrastructure, deployment, upgrades, and
● Masters or Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or
CDAC (or equivalent courses)
● At least 7 to 10 years of hands on experience with DevOps Engineer.
● Independently learning and sharing new technologies with teams.
● Experience managing very large-scale, public-facing websites.
● Understanding of all the infrastructure pieces and protocols needed to make
big sites work.
● Automating and Orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud
platforms. Automation experience with at least one configuration management
system such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, AWS Cloud formation or other
● Expertise in tooling frameworks such as ELK, Prometheus, and Grafana.
● Excellent programming (Bash, Python, Go or preferred scripting languages)
and Git workflows.
● Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment.
Experience working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment.
● Knowledge of at least one cloud platform AWS, Azure, GCP.
● Should have migration experience from cloud to cloud or hardware to cloud
● Good Docker and Kubernetes experience.
● Must have some basic knowledge of cloud, application, network and
● Cloud, ISO, ISMS, PCI DSS etc audit experience plus.
● Experience on building setup from scratch plus.
● Redhat certified and AWS certification plus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company.
You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering
results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the
world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
● Group Mediclaim
● Fun Fridays
● Flexible vacation policies
● Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
● JioSaavn-sponsored team outings