JOB TITLE: ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT - ACCOUNTS & FINANCE
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
- Leading accounting and controllership team that is responsible for IndAS & US GAAP accounting, Procure to Pay, statutory compliances, Tax Audit, Transfer pricing, Internal Audit, ICFR, etc
- Supervise Corporate finance team that is responsible for portfolio performance analysis, review financial model for the Organization, technical assistance in all GAAP matters, market benchmarking with competitor, support all shareholder / investor needs from a finance perspective, etc. for the organization.
- Periodically review and improve financial systems, controls, policies and procedures for the Organization. Establish policies and procedures for the Organization.
- Support leadership decision making for all the businesses
- Interface with US finance teams for controllership & corporate finance areas for all the business entities
KEY FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
FINANCIAL REPORTING & ANALYSIS and REGULATORY COMPLIANCES
- To ensure timely closure of all accounting processes.
- To ensure all monthly and annual Financial Reports are prepared accurately and on time.
- To ensure monthly, quarterly and annual analysis of consolidated financial statements and submission to Management and Group
- To ensure financial reporting is done as per IndAS, IFRS and , US GAAP
- To ensure all financial reports are audited satisfactorily and on time with Nil exceptions
- To ensure compliance with companies Act and zero non-compliance
- ICFR - To ensure compliance with Internal Financial Controls and / or SOX Compliance with zero non-compliance
BANKING & COMMERCIAL
- To ensure all purchase payments are accurately provisioned as per CAPEX and OPEX budget.
- To ensure vendors payments rates are negotiated well. To ensure favorable Days Payment Outstanding
- To ensure appropriate Insurance covers mitigating all possible risks and ensure Insurance premiums are negotiated.
- To ensure cash flow for rolling three months are monitored on monthly basis.
DIRECT AND INDIRECT TAXES COMPLIANCE
- To ensure all direct & indirect taxes are assessed and paid on time. And all returns are filed on time.
- To ensure Audits and Compliance related to direct & Indirect taxes.
- To ensure accurate provisioning of all Receivables and Revenues monthly.
- To ensure billing adheres to all tax compliance.
- To ensure timely transfer of fund from overseas account to corporate account and vice-versa.
- To ensure MIS for revenue accounting are on time.
CONSOLIDATION OF ACCOUNTS AND EXPENSE ACCOUNTING
- To ensure consolidation of all reports are done on time for reporting purpose
- To ensure Trial balance of all overseas entities/operation is reviewed frequently.
- To ensure accurate provisioning of all employee expenses.
- To ensure on time Audits and all recommendations of the statutory audits are implemented on time.
- Guide and mentor teams.
- Ensure regular feedback and coaching is given on the performance and behavior of the team
- Ensure adequate on-the-job and other pieces of training are provided to the team.
- Chartered Accountant with 10-12 years post qualification experience in services company (MNC/large private/public Limited Company)
- Candidates with prior experience from internet/online industry would be preferred (nice to have)
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Expert knowledge of IndAs and IFRS,MIS and Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an internal and external customer focus
- Ability and willingness for hands on working for Tally and any one ERP (must have)
- Strong Excel skills (must have)
- The candidate should be in touch with the latest developments on Direct and Indirect tax matters in India and worldwide (by reference to websites, journals, publications etc.) and should be able to communicate the recent changes to the Management.
- Excellent communication skills with capability to highlight critical issues with impact and provide solutions within and outside the Finance team
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills and abilities
- Experience in managing and developing teams
- Strong relationship management skills to navigate the complexities of aligning stakeholders, building consensus and resolving conflicts in a large, distributed organization
- Proven ability to manage multiple and often competing priorities in a global environment
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment involving complexities and changing work mix
- Cross team collaboration and leadership experience skills - proactive engagement with relevant Departments and parties responsible for financial control, operational risk and compliance.
- Experience in monitoring and implementation of financial control measures and other risk management matters.
- Exhibiting training capabilities across functions for usage of various financial control tools of the organization
- Responsible for helping in transition of the F&A work done onshore in US
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings