Associate Manager – Financial Reporting
JOB TITLE: ASSOCIATE MANAGER – FINANCIAL REPORTING
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading audio streaming service to access, discover, and listen to favorite songs & Podcasts across languages and genres. We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experience. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr etc.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
We're looking for a Assistant Manager – Financial Reporting and Consolidation to be a key member of our growing Finance team. This role would report to the AD - Finance and will work closely with the internal and external customers to achieve the compliance, business and financial goals of the organization. This person should have very good working experience in ERPs, Excel, USGAAP, IND-AS.
- Hands-on experience of IND-AS (and US GAAP) reporting and consolidation of Indian and US subsidiaries. Involves periodic closing and financial reporting for both standalone and consolidated in line with group policies.
- Ensuring all monthly close activities are completed by WD+2 for all India and US entities as per requirement and formats as mandated by Management, Investors and relevant stakeholders
- Engage with cross functional teams to provide comprehensive analysis and comment on variances and trends in relation to monthly reporting and budgets/forecasts
- Working closely with various stakeholders within the organisation and group to work on various ad hoc projects along with monthly routines.
- Proactively being connected with the recent developments in INDAS/IFRS/US GAAP and undertaking impact assessment of any change in law, rules via notifications and circulars and disseminating the knowledge down to the Finance and Accounting team
- Work closely with Group Tax Advisors, consultants as and when required for ensuring proper implementation of INDAS/USGAAP/IFRS and relevant accounting standards to the business and operations.
- Above mentioned are the specific requirements from the candidature, however depending on the circumstances generic challenging assignments will be given.
- Along with the routines, ability to add value by new initiatives, learning and development.
- Chartered Accountant with 0-3 years post qualification experience with articleship experience from mid to large sized firm, involving assignments of public limited/listed companies.
- Candidates with prior experience from internet/online industry would be preferred (nice to have but not must)
- Hands on experience in Consolidation of Indian and US subsidiaries as per provisions of INDAS is a must.
- Detailed knowledge of Indian GAAP/IND-AS/US GAAP/IFRS/ IFC (must have)
- Ability and willingness for hands on working for Tally/ERP (must have)
- Strong Spreadsheet/Excel skills (macros etc) (must have)
- A strong working knowledge of technical accounting and business matters
- The candidate should be in touch with the latest developments on Taxation and Accounting matters in India and worldwide.
- Under IFC, knowledge of documentation and understanding internal checks and controls and processes, identifying weaknesses and suggesting & implementing procedures for the same.
- Conducting routine and extensive testing of controls to identify gaps and make changes where needed.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Excellent communication skills with capability to highlight critical issues with impact and provide solutions within and outside the Finance team
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills and abilities
- Self-initiator, pro-active and result driven attitude
- Ability work under stringent deadlines along with multi-tasking
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously to make a difference in the way the world experiences music.